Monday, July 24, 2023

I will die for you

 

I will die for you

For dying is easy

I will not live for you

Or for anyone

If my life is unbearable

I can live for joy, for freedom, and for love

I can live for happiness, for connection and for synchronicity

When my brain waves align

With Butternut, or with Jay

That is ecstasy

 

But teaching the kids or paying the bills

The daily toil of cooking, of laundry

Of the smelly lift and effing commute

I do not live for that

That is not life

 

I do not want to serve capitalism

But I am alive and therefore I must

I live for the good times

But the toil of earning the freedom to do so

Day after day, year after year

 

If that is all that life is, then I would rather die.

I live to create, I live to connect, I live to enjoy.

I do not live for any one soul,

But if my death would benefit you in a way that makes me joyous

I will die for you

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Wistful

Today I wish to be dead But that does not mean anything For the wish is fervent and constant Minute after minute Day after day It has moods ...